Thursday 25 October 2012

Managing the Sponsored run without the need for the Anti-inflammatories thanks to Sports Osteopath advice and treatment at BodybackUP

"The day after Easter - my back collapsed..... literally. I went out to get a
pint of milk, returned home, closed the car door and that was it.......I
couldn't move. 

A 20 second walk to the house took 20 minutes whereupon I had to immediately
lie down and at best I was able to move my upper body to reach over for some
anti-inflammatories. Totally bed ridden - all very disappointing and
upsetting as I was in training for the Moonwalk Breast Cancer fund raising
walk in London which was due to be early May.   
After some heavy inflammatories and some initial physio, I returned to see
Robin - the last time was in 2007 when he had put me back into shape.
Needless to say this time my back was in a much worse state but after the
first session, I was able to move more freely.  After the second and third I
was able to walk much better.  The fourth session was the day before the 13
mile walk through London.
Thankfully, I was mobile enough to do the walk and although I had heat packs
on my back and carried some anti-inflammatories with me as precautionary - I
am certain I would not have been able to complete it had it not been for the
osteo sessions that I had had with Robin prior to the walk. 
I now know that I have to 'maintain' the back and plan to visit Robin more
than once in 5 years!  I would thoroughly recommend Robin as an osteopath -
not only the treatment but the advice has proved beneficial and importantly
allowed me to raise close to £700 sponsorship money for breast cancer.
"
Anita Auch (51)
Office Worker
Kingston, Surrey
June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment